R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to make it rotate under braking? brake bias adjustable?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM
porschefile
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all of the input. I will try 7/5/3 and try to adjust my driving style. Regarding the loose not being fast, I dunno. I used to race 1:1 cars on road courses, and most of the time it is faster to slide slightly (i.e. ~5-8 degree slip angle). But even on asphalt, it is fastest in really tight corners to kick the rear out and power out (at least on 1:1). FWIW I nearly always use the brakes to set the chassis into a oversteer situation, not the throttle.

That being said, I don't know nearly as much about r/c racing as you guys do so I will try to take that into consideration. The reason I thought sliding through the 180 degree stuff is fastest is 1:1 rally cars. I know a lot about 1:1 racing and very little about R/C racing, just what I've absorbed as a lurker here (this board in invaluable though, thanks to all).

Current setup is 2 degrees toe out in front, stiffer rear springs (hard rear; medium front), no front bar and stock rear bar, 27.5 wt Losi oil with M2c pistons (zero or near-zero rebound), Proline Snipers M2 or Recoil XTR.