R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec tires@ national level races
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Bodido
Tech Adept

What's not to understand about the money? Some people have a ton of skill and not a lot of money to throw around on tires that may be useless to them. People are acting like all the non-sponsored drivers are dumping thousands of dollars on plane tickets and suites at the Hilton to go to the NATS. If that were the case, yeah spending hundreds on tires would be a drop in the bucket. Reality is that a ton of the non-sponsored drivers drive 12 hours or more, split the cheapest rathole of a room they can find 5 ways, and eat balony sandwiches for six days straight. Money IS a factor. To people that fall into this category, non handout events DO cost twice as much. If money wasn't a factor most of us would be racing real cars, not toy ones.

A. If you're that good your sponsored.
People aren't born sponsored are they? Don't they generally have to beat the sponsored guys before they get sponsored?

I've never liked the idea of a seperate factory class. If I wanted to race against the average club racers, I could just stay at home. I think there are way too many classes allready. SirSpeedy's comments sum it up pretty nicely.