R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
rdlkgliders
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Really? I love it. I don't have to go buy four sets of blocks to get different toe settings. I just need shims. I really doubt that Paul missed the A-main due to the lower suspension holders. I'm pretty sure the only reason he missed it is he ran 15 laps in round 6 while Hara ran 17. I feel you take Paul, Hara, Jilles, Volker, Vik, and Marc and you will have an awesome battle every week. They are all fantastic wheelmen. This Worlds with two sets of tires and no compound then rain and off it was a little combo of luck. Paul qualified 20th correct? Where did he finish? That's pretty impressive considering the quality of talent in his main.

No one here is going to knock any of those cars and say they are rubbish cause they can all be good....except the AE it's time to upgrade that thing it seems. But I'd rock a Yoko, TRF, HB, or Kyosho if it was more readily available here to me and if I got to try one and I felt it was less expensive to maintain. I very very rarely see anyone break anything on an X-ray and it's manual for setup is world class.
+1 for some level headed logic
If you want to use blocks you can buy the Exotek setup. You could also get creative I used serpent block on my 11 for the ff fr and rr and then Exotek split blocks for the rf works great. I like blocks over the traditional Xray setup but I doubt it kept anyone off the Podium.