R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Mr.juarez
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
For those who wish to mount a Tamiya 540J Silver Can in their TC6 / TC6.1, please know it is not necessary to modify the motor mount.

To mount a Silver Can in my kids' TC6's, I used M3 hex screws (with blue thread lock on them, naturally) that are 5mm longer than "normal" and spaced the motor 5mm away from the motor mount. As spacers in one of my kid's cars, I used Dubro M3 flat washers (photo below). In the other kid's car, I used Team Associated Part # 4617 Front Bulkhead Shims.

I was initially concerned that spacing the motor away from the motor mount would present a weak point that, in a side collision, could lead to a bent motor mount. However, despite that the kids have been absolutely brutal on their cars for more than a year now, there have been no issues. Both motors and mounts are still in place, no issues at all.

Thus, this solution is tough and works.
I did that with Kyosho washers, but I didn't have a good feeling about it. I also didn't really like the back of the motor hanging 1 inch pass the chassis edge.

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
You may want try this spacer. Your method is a good fix but I am sure under racing conditions, the motor is flexing up an down.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...pacer-SCRT-RTR
Now that's seems ok so it has more even contact all the way around? Do you know for a fact the center Opening is big enough for the front bushing?