R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec 1/12 tire for stock?????
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Ah...the dumbing down of America has found roots in R/C racing.
We need to stop handing out trophies at race events and just give everybody a ribbon that signs up, that way we won't have to worry about the fast guys cheating and the slow guys will feel better about themselves. That will also cure the need for rules, spec tires, spec ec's, the whole lot.
This will make it affordable for all to join in.

I am not kidding I am very seriuos. We are not promoting work, desire, thinking, ingenuity, we are just trying to make everbody equal in all respects.
You could look at it that way, or it could be the limit of the equipment forces you to find the ultimate combination that gives the best performance. Equal equipment still will never overcome talent and skill, its just getting people to accept the fact that its not their right to win, its their right to compete to try and win.
I was just talking to NASCAR driver friend of mine who finished pretty dismal, we both had a pretty good laugh about how everything they run is as good as everybody else, but guessed it just wasn't his right to win that night.

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
I don't have a huge preference either way... but I will ask this.... why fix something that doesn't seem to be broken?

The past three "big" carpet races(2011 IIC, 2012 Birds, 2012 Carpet Nats) have all had great turnouts in Stock 12th. At the IIC and Birds, it was the largest class next to Stock Sedan. At the Carpet Nats, Stock 12th was the largest class by some 15-20 entries.

Am I the only one who thinks 12th is actually doing pretty dang well?
Originally Posted by wingracer
No, I think it's doing great. Still, I think improvements could be made. Whether or not my ideas actually would be improvements or not is hard to say and certainly up for debate.
I would agree. Discussing it doesn't hurt it and perhaps some great idea might come out of it. Sometime change isn't good, but you can always go back, and maybe some change is whats keeping others from getting back into the class/sport. I remember racing in Nats that had double letter mains, now thats a lot of entries, but with so many classes now, I don't think that would ever happen again.