R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec 1/12 tire for stock?????
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I don't think it's down to the economy, otherwise no one would race $500 tc's. It's more about the attitude of racers at this point. This hobby used to be all about tinkering, and tuning to find and advantage. Now it seems like everyone just wants to pull their stuff outta the trunk, throw it on the track, and then throw it back in the trunk at the end of the day. While this is fine, it's never gonna make you fast. The solution to this problem is to then limit the choices available, and reduce speeds to give the illusion that the class is more competitive.
Other than the economy issue, I couldn't agree with you more. My thoughts are, for a big event using a spec tire makes the event much easier for someone to attend as they don't have to bring a foot lockers worth of tires on the hopes that they have a compound that works. As a once die hard 1/12th racer, the tire deal is what keeps my car at home for the big events. I don't want the class spoon fed to me, but I just can't haul that much gear. It seems to work for WGT, so why not for 1/12th?