R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland
Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Naoto blew out, forcing Andy to avoid that incident. When Naoto pulled back on line he went full pull. Yes, Andy was a bit out of shape, but that is no excuse for a car driving into the side of another. It is the responsibility of the car doing the passing to execute a clean pass. Had he pulled to the side, let Andy past, then re-passed him I'd have no issue. His earlier tap is what unsettled Andy's car in the first place, so from an etiquette standpoint it's at the very least, questionable.

It's fine to be aggressive, but when you get it wrong, you should at least have the decency to wait for the car you hit. I guess I'm just old-school when it comes to these situations.
Absolutely agree with that. Naoto did blow out, and rejoined carelessly, and caused a racing incident with Andy... Ok, they came together, and I can see the arguement for it being a racing incident given the speed they are racing at, and I doubt Naoto did it on purpose... but Naoto was coming from behind, and he hit Andy, so should have given the place back regardless.

Actually, I think it was running though his mind too, as if you watch carefully the slow mo (around 1:20), you see him straighten up the car and hesitate for a (nano?) second on re-accelerating, as if he was about to let Andy recover, before realising Ronald and Rick were close... and that's probably more the issue, IMO.

Oh well, whats done is done, and as had been mentioned... only racing! And if you'd offered Andy second at the worlds a week ago, I'm sure he'd have taken it