R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 11:03 AM
ottoman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by koabich
I do agree with the poor factory support of Schumacher as well. I have delt with Paul and Adrian on numerous occasions and they were always more than willing to go out of their way to help. But this isn't what the magazine ment. In my area and all other LHS I have been in had zero parts support (even if they sell the cars). You can order the parts directly from Schumacher but it seemed that every time I needed something I had to wait a month for it to get here from England.
Sorry for the long rant...flame away!
I havent read the article so I cant comment on that but I can on the factory support.
Wether or not your LHS stocks Schumacher parts is not "Factory support" that is LHS support. Schumacher USA stocks most every part you will need and receives shipments from England every week. If you base factory support on parts availability then most cars fall short.... Pro 4 (HPI) isnt very good.... XRAY was hard to get parts when I raced them... Tamiya, I also had problems getting parts. Associted has great parts availability but try to get a knowledgeable person on the phone when you have a technical question.
One of the best parts of running a Schumacher is knowing you can talk to Paul or Adrian and get a straight answer.

Last edited by ottoman; 09-17-2004 at 11:41 AM.