R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 AM
nrtv20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
You should have stuck around to ask him questions. By what you were looking at, it sounds like you still could have been looking a stock kit.

I ask you, even if from somewhere else in the world, to look at the USF1 rule set pertaining to the specifics of the car requirements. The goal of the series is to compete, but more importantly to keep the cars on a level playing field so the potential is there to win at any given race. That being said, if you still can't drive well, you will not finish well. I personally need a lot more practice.

As far as the electronics comments. F1 around the US is generally 21.5 with a no timing ESC or is moving towards that end. It is slow enough so as not to destroy a car in every turn, but fast enough to require good driving technique. If there is a long straight, it may feel a little slow, but to scale it is very very fast.

And your last comment is always true, no matter what class. I keep my ego at home when I go play with toy cars. I prefer to leave with a smile.
What is USF1? I am only aware of UF1 as a body of rules for Rc F1.