R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M4 Racing
A lot of valid points and it does sort of clear up the reasoning to why the FGX cars are outlawed. It's progression, better engineering, and the hobby will move forward. The FGX's need a class of their own. An "open" F1 per say, not an out right ban.

A racer was at WC with an F1 car and it was dialed. Don't know who the guy was. It out handled all of the other F1's on the track. Curiosity got the better of me and the need to know what kind of car it was. Checked his car out when he was in the bathroom! Tamiya? lol No!! FGX baby!! This was the sickest F1 car EVER! Front links, carbon fiber everywhere, cantilever suspension, rubber tires, 1/18 scale threaded shocks, and more. Should've stuck around to ask him questions but, noticing the poor attitude of racers these days told me not to say anything to him. Wonder if there are pictures of it on the internet somewhere. Wasn't quick enough to snap a few myself

How come the speed controls with boost and timing were not banned when they first came onto the market? Running against them was hard and they had a huge advantage! It took years before RC tracks and sanctioning bodies made separate classes for the different ESC's.

The equipment out today is far superior to what's in my rides (first generation).

RC car racing was suppose to be about having a fun time with friends and meeting new people. Unfortunately, winning and egos gets in the way.
You should have stuck around to ask him questions. By what you were looking at, it sounds like you still could have been looking a stock kit.

I ask you, even if from somewhere else in the world, to look at the UF1 rule set pertaining to the specifics of the car requirements. The goal of the series is to compete, but more importantly to keep the cars on a level playing field so the potential is there to win at any given race. That being said, if you still can't drive well, you will not finish well. I personally need a lot more practice.

As far as the electronics comments. F1 around the US is generally 21.5 with a no timing ESC or is moving towards that end. It is slow enough so as not to destroy a car in every turn, but fast enough to require good driving technique. If there is a long straight, it may feel a little slow, but to scale it is very very fast.

And your last comment is always true, no matter what class. I keep my ego at home when I go play with toy cars. I prefer to leave with a smile.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 07-24-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Getting the S out.