R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 PM
jcbudny
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
I ran the full Matt Olsen set up for the first time today at Mikes new track. There is a long 270 degree sweeper at the end of the straight and this set up makes it very easy to carry corner speed all the way through it. I made quite a few inside passes there today. The set up has a slight on power push that I prefer. Oddly, most of the other racers that ran the kit at Mikes really don't feel comfortable with it yet, although they were all working on their own setups. I will help any of them that will accept my input. I spoke with one racer that was having problems with the Bypass shock setups. He was up to 80 weight oil to get enough pack. Another racer gave up on the Bypass pistons all together. The one common thing among all the drivers with Bypass problems is that they were all running emulsion, not bladders. My thoughts are the Bypass works correctly or better with bladder shocks. I let quite a few of the faster guys, Ryan Lutz being one of them, drive my truck and they all loved it. They all said "it's easy to carry corner speed and it jumps and lands great". I noticed that I can get on the throttle quite a bit sooner than my old set up. Well done Eustus and the MIP team.
So you are running Matt's exact shock settings with bladders in correct and liked the results? Do you feel this set up would work well on a smaller track that's a bit more on the rough and loose side?