R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - drop in engine for rs4
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
meno1103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lilnorm
thank you.im using the same engine that came with the racer kit.its the nitro star .15 i looked at the t3.0 and that seems like it would be a good choice.i dont think ill be getting another car anytime soon i have the rs4 a sprint 2 drift and a team losi micro rally brushless(great car).thanks for the help.I dont know alot about the nitro engines but im learning pretty fast.
I didn't mean to come off harsh by suggesting another car, just wanted to let you know what you're in for on this car. I like driving my RS4s more than my 4tec or brushless sedans, but have gotten a little scared of the OS .15 equipped one, especially at top speed, because of the fact the cars have been discontinued for years and parts getting harder to find.

This picture shows the .15fe, which if this is what you have...
The green shows the mounting setup used with cars out of the box. If this is how yours is mounted, then you will need to pick up some engine mounts to use with the 3.0. The red points to the standard small block engine mounting setup adopted by damn near every other engine from every manufacturer. The .15fe is the only engine that I know of that diverged from this setup. That looks to be the only thing needed to drop in the 3.0.