R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Yeah my bad on the tires, I mis-read that..but on the rims..I don't know how your tracks are on the rim style but where I'm at it's beadlock style rims only..so the "extra" dish style rims do me no good..and on the tires..why no tires? the one on the truck in the photos look pretty good....and on the FT SC10 it comes with a pretty good set of tires stock..so..what the heck Frank..I'm buying one but once I get it I'm out another $70 bucks for tires....so it's going to bring the total closer to $480..
There will always be many tracks that specific tires will not work on. If you took the M3 Holeshot for example, one of the most versitile tires of all time, a pair of these would be absolutely useless on an indoor clay track. A 2nd set of wheels...well they work everywhere...

Originally Posted by billjacobs
there are several tires I can think of that work at many tracks (although losi has only a few tire choices, how about the losi ultra digits.) the reason to not include tires is to increase profit on each kit. If you included tires, you couldn't price the truck over $400 (after discounts) and have people accept that. So you price it at $360 and keep the cost of the tires. this is the same thing as the durango desc410v2 not including a body because they say it saves shipping cost. Who is saving the shipping cost? This is a simple way to incrementally increase the cost of r/c to get the most profit out. Another simple question: if the 22t is $279 with 2 bodies, why is the 22sct $359 with 1 body (even if you add $20 for the better diff balls, and another $15 for the bumpers, there is still a $50 difference) I am not complaining about the price, I am simply trying to show that off road kits are going the way of the 4wd sedan. Soon, all of the racing 2wd sct kits will be over $300, and the 4wd kits will be over $400.
The 22SCT has many updated parts, and the sheer size of the chassis, additional bumper and body mount pieces, extra hardware all add up to the price increase.

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Stupid question, but does this new body come pre-trimmed (a la 22), or do we have to cut out all those vents ourselves?

If it comes pre-cut, then I'll never use a different body EVER again.
Comes with a body that is pre-cut around the edges. You will have to punch out the mounting holes, and the cut-outs in the body if you choose. We actually thought about this one quite a bit, and many users when asked would prefer not to have the holes cut out for added durability. Clearly, you can cut out the holes if you get a body that isn't pre-cut, but you really can't add the lexan back in if the body is pre-cut.

We are offering a replacement body that is pre-cut though, and the street price is only $5 higher. Check it out:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdId=TLR0129