R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Cspurlock
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
So I guess I'll have to splurge on a full spring set before Wednesday (even at my pricing its a god deal, but alot of money for the 16 pairs of springs), what I was trying to avoid but it sounds like the stockers are out of wack for rear motor on dirt. Where are people getting these 4 hole pistons, or should I drill my blank ones, or can you just fill 2 holes up? So I should make 4x1.2 and 4x1.3 and run 25 and 30wt oil, along with 3rm and dark green and dark blue springs it should be better? I still have those pistons in my goodie bag so I'll work on that when I have time (I'm working every day until the big race) Thanks for the help guys
Think of it this way. The stock springs r 4 MM, so when u move the motor back u add weight to the back so u need to compensate by using a stiffener spring. Vice versa in the front so u need a lighter spring. A front spring set would be a good investment, but if u were going for one spring , I would do dk grn.
4 holes are made a few different ways, but most just put a drop of CA in 2 of the 6 hole pistons to close them up. Others use a soldering iron to melt. The holes shut, I use 5 minute epoxy. Any will work