R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Jo90uk
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by goots
I know when I got the car I had trouble finding spares, but as months went on, supply has gotten much better. Most of the online shops have what I need. Sad to hear supply in the UK is not to par with you.

Plastic? these are common spares ie. c blocks, suspension arms, steering knuckles. I think I have like 4 of each in my pit cases for rainy days.

As for wishbones. Go for steel. Im running DCJ up front and the elusive/discontinued pro4 steel axles in the rear. I know SpecR makes some nice steel axles if your looking for spares.

If you honestly believe parts support for you is bad. There is nothing wrong moving to another brand if you can easily get parts for.
Cheers but after years of experience the above is all second nature to me already.

I run the Roche spool and tamiya DS as the HPI/Hotbodies stuff is crap. The only area i run them is the rear as you do.

Moving to another car isnt as simple as that when i have a stupid amount invested in the car and the parts I do have.

HPI UK may have the parts, but in fairness why buy a single of each wishbone for over £13 when I can get them for under £6 overseas ??