R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy: GP3300 SP2's?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 09:29 PM
SlobbaTech
Tech Regular

Don't get caught up in the #'s that much, some companies, basically all, use totally or just slightly different matching processes from the next company. So if they use a different type machine or methods like they don't run out for whole 5000 seconds, one company now has new cell that they just take voltage for like the first 5 minutes in the discharge and that's what gets printed on the label, lower discharge rate, or use varying discharge rate throughout the 5000 seconds is another way to inflate the numbers. Basically problem is everyone does something different, no way to compare one brand to another or who is truely right but the most accurate to real numbers is the matchers that just use a straight discharge rate and no tricks. A 1.17 3300 is a great cell, the best I've seen personally that I believe to be correct are 1.18's, I don't think there are any real 1.19's out there let alone enough to be able to sell and not to hold back for that companies team drivers. It's all just marketing trying to fool people somehting is what it isn't. The GP3300 cell is only one type of cell, if GP improves it somehow it is made available to everyone, don't believe anything about only one comany having some special cell no one else can get from GP. This is a whole sore subject for me and a pet peev of mine about how companies fudge numbers or whatnot, if you took offense to what I had to say then keep on feeling happy paying extra for a number that isn't correct.