R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Man Hybrid 6X6 Crawler/Recovery Truck, Pic heavy !
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Bondonutz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 50mph
Awesome build! Looks pretty solid. Not a lot of RCTechers are into crawlers/scalers unfortunetly. Would you say it is more capable than the 4x4s? Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I know, most of the guys here are racers or wannbe racers and are pretty stuck up about wanting to go fast all the time. I don't give a shit, if a few guys appreciate all the work involved then thats good enough. Hope it gives them ideas and inspires them to build something unique and off the wall rather than be a sheepeople like the rest whom love RTR's.

Capabilities, Yeah the 6x6 far exceeds a normal 4x4 on the trails. A buddie of mine was running a very hopped up Wraith Sunday and what he was hung up on I just crept over it with zero problems. It's a serious advantage but requires a bit of a different driving style.

On another note; Just charged one of the 3s packs from Sunday, I ran 1.25hrs with a 3200mah 3s 30C pack and the Hyperion charger said it still had 43% charge. Happy w/that !