R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Dasmopar
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
So I have a question for you guys who have been running pan car for the past couple of months. I want to know what your average cost is per weekend, to race one of these cars, so far? I am not asking for start up costs, just the actual money spent each weekend to practice, qualify, and race your 2wd pan car- fuel, tires, parts (including bodies, engines, clutch parts, belts, etc.)

Also, how much time are you spending at the track wrenching (on your 2wd) each weekend?

Numbers don't have to be exact, but be as accurate as possible.
For my kid I'd say its 2 to 3 weeks per body. A pinion gear and clutch bell twice in one weekend, prolly two sets of rear tires that get donated from my 4wd car, Fronts seem to last atleast 3 or 4 weekends. Motors seems to be lasting many many races, fuel is hard to tell since we have 4 cars dipping from the same gallon but they are pitting at the 7 min mark or later so its not much compared to my 4wd car. Front bumpers seem to get replaced often enough to make the conversation. Either way its peanuts compared to my Capricorn 4wd car. I would guess between 40 and 30 bucks a weekend would be a workable budget for parts. No one in Toledo should be buying rear tires.