R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc Malaysian National Championship (mnc)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
straightsixers
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, why not have races confined to "district" levels or even state levels? Then the top 5 or top 10 from each district / state (or perhaps to be fair enough to every racer in every state, a cut or percentage of 10% or more top racers) gets to qualify and bash it out against eash other in a grand race using christmas tree format to really eliminate mediocre racers from the real ones.

I think that is the best way to solve the monetary problem. Only serious enough racers would be able to fork out that much of money to compete seriously and who would want to reach that far.
Yup. This sounds more exciting. But do we have enough contenders from every state? Or is RC skewed towards more developed states? (Dunno, still new to RC) IF that's the case might cause imbalanced responses for every race meet. Might as well keep it to northern, central, southern and east (Sabah/Sarawak) districts.

Still think if we can work out the annual championship point system would be great as it encourages continuity from race to race.

I'm thinking more multi level format here - like european soccer. You have country/state levels (EPL) (Spanish League) and then there's the European Champioships (knock out level) and best of Europe. Something to the effect.

THen we can also have the division 1 and 2 leagues for beginners (like bundyman) to strike it out on rubbers and 3ports!!

Anyways, Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me...