R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Control Benchmark
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
NolanP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Nolan - if what you say is true, then how or why do people that run a 9.5 in mod turn faster laps then a 4.0? (the best do not apply here, they know how to drive and setup the car to make the most of a 4.0.) You see this at LH with the drivers. A racer goes out an buys a 3.0 because they think it is faster (that motor it's self is), but the lap time for that driver do not show it. The have faster lap times with a "slower" motor.

One word: "BALANCE" it is all about BALANCE...
Barry I am purely refering to people who say that Brand x is faster than y running the same motor. Not people who can setup a car and run a slower motor and beat other people due to that fact. The whole point of this thread was to try to see if someone has actual facts showing the difference on speed controls not to see which one "feels" the best or can supply the smoothest power. The real questioning was geared towards if you take away all boost and timing in a "blinky" mode is there one speedo that out performs the rest.

I asked this after I was discussing bench testing on phones processing power for the internet. I was hoping someone had gone through testing saying that they would be like well I tested 5 speedo's and the results differ by certain percentages from either battery draw or speed variance.