R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Practical Guide to Touring car Settings
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Practical Guide to Touring car Settings

I decided a few weeks ago to start building a document that can help explain the practical uses and effects of changes on a touring car. I see so many questions from simple to complex in almost every thread, but most of them are very repetitive. I spent some time researching each concept in the document and also solicited input from numerous sources, as well as my own personal experiences. I tried to focus on the practical changes and stayed away from theory and physics as that is covered very well by many other people. I think it is great to understand the physics of roll center for example, but when it comes right down to it...people just want to know how to fix their problem and not need the level of detail required to complete their senior thesis.

I am sure that as with anything posted in these forums that some people will disagree with the concepts and how they are explained, but keep in mind that everyone's experience is different and this guide is meant to help people that may not have as firm of an understanding as someone else.

I hope people find this useful and helpful to understanding the concepts required to make their cars work better on the surface they drive it. If people like it I will continue to improve it over time as new tuning options become available. But for now...I think this will be a good start!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Touring car settings v1.1.pdf (392.3 KB, 1163 views)

Last edited by artwork; 07-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.