R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Kensei
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Edam Racer
The kit spur is 84T 48Dp

The 'xray' spur gears from rc-direct are ideal, using them myself but the 64Dp.

If using 48Dp you will not get as low as 3 FDR using the kit spur, you will need to go smaller, no problem to get 5 FDR. There is no space problem with 64Dp spur/pinion.

Weight of my car using standard sized servo, motor cooler, 0.8mm bodyshell,shorty lipo and including transponder comes to 1365g. Could probably loose a few grams with neater/shorter wiring.

Yes dots mean degrees, so your toe in/out is correct.

Hope this helps. Overall am very pleased with this car, kit built well,good quality parts, worked well with kit setup. Running it as 17.5T blinky, easily as good as my S411, probably better.
Thanks! Helps a lot.
The only issue might be the weight. I'm thinking of using this LiPo http://www.cs-shop.de/Lipo+7-4V+4000...EGAL+2011-.htm.
Weight 211-229gr. Your shorty LiPo will probably weigh between 200 and 210gr? So I would have to add about 10gr. That would be a total of about 1,375gr. For sure not to my liking.
Using lightweight body LTCR might shave off a bit, but I don't know how much.
Servo is Sanwa SDX-801 Low Profile Digital Servo. It weighs 50gr. Would like to know what yours weighs. Maybe again can shave of a few grams than.
I want to get to 1,350gr as close as possible! Why? Because everyone else does and can.
I have to reconsider buying this car.