View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 03:47 AM
BrainTeased
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: tyres

Originally posted by mikecatts
hi all.
i see you are discussing tyres and split.
ive found the best angle of attack is to set your car up so as the front and rear tyres wear the same..either with or without split..ive found using the same compund tyre with the same springs fron and rear does help heaps in maintaining an even tyre wear.
i use the RRR, RR-evo and the fw.. they work out the same when i set up..the evo tends to chew rears faster than fronts though..but. in a long race , its hard..thats when practice and writing tyre wear down..i start a 1/2 hour final with the outer tyres usually 1 to 2 mm different as to the inside..
its a pig to start but finnishes well. i dont like the over drive..should be able to set the car up without using over-drive..i use the 27 tooth on the evo, 24 tooth on the RRR and 37gear front and rear on the fw.
have spoken to josh cyrul and the parts on his car,fw-05r,(* the front top arm holder and the stronger rear camber link will be available very soon as a one piece parts tree. basically its the same configurement as the kawaharra front..but cheaper and stronger, i hope).
hey when you mentioned stronger rear camber link will they be including new rear uprights as well?