R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
katana
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I’ve been following UF1 for sometime now. F1 has gotten my attention from being away for over 2 decades. I love how the scaled look, well organize, professionally run and well done website with up-to-date information. I do want to give kudos to the organizer(s), participants and track owner alike.

I hope the UF1 continue on for us drivers that want to join but also want to wait so that I’m “qualify “to race the series. On my end I do understand that with these cars being open wheels, driver needs to be able to at least drive the car around the track safely and consistently. Only after then I feel to move up to the “premier” class. Again that is just me.

As the UF1 series become more popular it will attract more and more new and seasoned racers. I know it is going to be tough to do but what about an idea of separate the series just like in F1. You have support race for beginners for example F3 or GP2? A slight change in technical rules from one series to another to differentiate the two or three series. At current driver count of 58, I’m sure you can divide those up in to different series somehow. This is solely my opinion, if this had been discuss before I do apologize. I’ve read through alot of pages but not all
Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening.
Nick