R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Rockthecatbox21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I for sure don't run the heaviest SCT out there, and yes I am concerned about doubling the bumper weight at the nose of the truck. Weight outside the axles is a terrible place to add weight.

Until recently, I was using my stock bumper since the truck was unboxed and really the only problem it had was a fatigued upper mount so that the bumper sat inside the body a little bit.

I tried and am using the RPM and I think it's great for bashing, or moving cows out of the road. But for racing it gets a C, maybe a C+.

Perhaps I'd be worried about protecting my $800 truck if it was actually breaking with either bumper. But it isn't. So I chose not to double the weight of my bumper (so I cut the hell out of the RPM one, and now it's the same weight).
Feel free to post pics on how you cut your's. I will admit one thing it does hang up akwardly on the front of the body. Guess i just didn't notice because my body is at the end of it's life.