R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys, i just built a new kit (wxi) and took it on the track yesterday. car works like a charm (like the other yoks ive built), but there is no steering like in the other ones.

steering only kicks in really, when at very low speeds. in every other situation power, off power etc. it just pushes real bad.

i use ride 32 tires (preglued, handout tires in club). i have attached the latest setup sheet.

glad if you guys had any pointers.
Try .5 Shims on top of the C-hub. Also Try Ride TC Pro Match Springs, RED, RED(same as hpi silver, silver). 6.4 Rear Block and change oil to 350, 400, or 450. I think the Yokomo guys running thick oil like 550 may be running larger holes such as 1.2mm. Hayato has told me that 1.0 piston holes with 350 or 450 feels like 500 or 550 with a 1.2 piston holes. He is using 1.2 holes I believe. You can also try lowering your inner camber link to 1mm all around.

Also, I don't know what shock hole you are at in the rear, but sometimes #4 in the rear and #3 in the front feels good. More steering and it feels more direct for me. I see some drivers using #2, #2 with soft setups. I have not tried that yet.