R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
azenis
Tech Master

I just got a new ball diff to go in the front of the car to replace the 1 way. It has the 1.1 gears and I will also fit a set of 1.1 gears to my rear diff.

Do I need to boil these gears?

Do you need to superglue the little plastic ring inside the gear? ( I seem to remember someone say you shouldnt )

Any tips for running them in? I will be building it as is but have the screw/nut/spring for the associated mod coming, but that will be a week away.

Also planning to do the top deck mod this week. Looking at photos (havent had a chance to measure up on the actual car yet) I dont know if I will be able to drill a hole large enough to use the cone washers and standard screws, as there is that small hole in between and the holes drilled may get too close to that? Anyone tried it yet?

Did some testing the on saturday and the car is going much better. Had set it up with one of Thads setups off the HPI site but the car was getting no traction out of corners so it didnt really suit my tracks, its going a lot better now but I think it has more in it yet