R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OFNA Starter box LOUD screech!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 AM
rcuser567345
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Wow great response. "This doesn't work, I don't want to fix it."

A great line from Jerry Maguire. "Help me, help you." You're going to have to give more information than "My Ofna starter box makes a squealing noise" Which model is it? Does it do it all the time or only when it is trying to start the car? Just so you know, I do know exactly what your problem is, but just telling you the answer won't teach you anything. I am going to PM BrakeTurnAccelerate the answer, and provided that you provide the right information, you will get the answer too. You need to learn, if you want the right answer, you need to provide the right information.
The reason I didn't want to take apart my starter box is I already have my whole car apart,fixing it, and once I finally finish fixing the car, I just wanted to throw it on the starter box and run it. Im too lazy to take apart the whole box only because I have all this other workt o do on my car, my car needing to be fixed 3 times in the last 3 weeks, each time required me to take the majority of the car apart. I don't wanna take apart the starter box aimlessly looking for a problem, I would just like to know the problem and if its fixable without ordering extra parts.

I thought I was making it clear when writing in my title that its an OFNA box, clearly I made a mistake in not specifying which model it is (blue dual 775 motor one), I thought sayin OFNA starter box, people would automatically know its the truggy starter. My mistake, its 4am here lol, I haven't slept in the last 24 hours, I made a mistake

It makes the noise both when spinning free and starting the car (good thing my car starts quick after priming, the sound in unbearable).

I would appreciate it if you can just tell me the answer now, its not like I'm unable to diagnose problems with my equipment, I've just been too tired to take apart yet another piece of equipment involved with Nitro RC.

Thanks