R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway
Old 09-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In reply to your enquiry received to-day, it is advised that a new IFMAR
World Championship Rule has just been approved regarding the use of
bodyshells at the above event, i.e. all bodyshells contained in a Bloc's
approved bodyshell list will be allowed to be used at the IFMAR event. The
Bloc, in your case, ROAR, has to submit its list to IFMAR four months prior
to the event and this list will be distributed by the organiser to all
competitors.

As you advise that your Company's bodyshell is already on the ROAR list, it
will be allowed to be used at the event.

Best regards
John Grant]
President, IFMAR.

This was an e-mail from IFMAR to a US mfg back in MARCH!! Plenty of time for the mfg's to still get bodies sent in if need be - no one thought they had to as this was supposedly the new rule!!... Suddenly things change though as the powers that be at IFMAR woke up on the other side of the bed.... And they wonder why none of us really want to put effort into supporting ROAR or IFMAR..... Makes you wonder why the two of the biggest races in the WORLD are not ROAR or IFMAR events (ie. U.S. Indoor Champs and the Snowbirds). The rules need to be set-up, simple black and white for all to see and follow - simple as that.

All I can say is AMEN Mr. Hodge..... Without the racers, ROAR, IFMAR and the MFG's have no reason to exist on a racing level... It's just a matter of time until all the racers ask "Why do we bang our heads against the wall like this and put up with the same crap at every race??"... and then do something about it!!

I sat in on the IFMAR meetings in South Africa talking about many rules changes and doing the things that would make racing better and cheaper for not only the major companies but also the average racers. NONE of the items have been addressed since I was in those meetings (weight limits, tire rules, before race testing limits, etc..) and here we are AGAIN, 3 WC's in a row with rule issues and a ton of unanswered questions... What a shame it's becoming the norm to expect while preparing for an IFMAR Electric race.....

I give props to Jorge and everyone down in Florida for battling through the hurricanes and still trying to get things sorted to put on a good show. Now, they just need to weather the storm of all of us irrate r/c racers and race officials to hopefully keep their sanity and still enjoy the hobby!!!

Just my .02.... I could be wrong....