R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Troubleshooting T Maxx
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 AM
OS21Revo
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After reading all your posts, here are the three things that come to mind.

Too fat (rich) on the low side
Idle speed setting, shoud be just on the verge of the clutch engaging
Too cold of a glow plug

Traxxas calls for a hot plug, hot plugs make the engines idle better and burn the oil in the fuel better than the medium plug your running.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Glow-Plug-Hot

All of the Traxxass engines Ive owned like the LSN in the 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 turns out range depending on fuel brands, also the pinchs was 2 seconds at most. On my HPI's the pinch is 1 1/2 seconds, where as two of the tuners I know. One likes the pinch at 1 1/2 sec's and the other likes 4 sec's, mine will load up pretty good after idling for 10 seconds even with a 1 1/2 sec pinch.

What color is the base of your glow plug now?

The other thing to consider is the fuel your running (how its blended) Castor based, castor/syn based, syn/castor based and the viscosity's of both the castor/ synthetic oils used in the fuel, Thats a whole nother deal for a later time....

You may have to go as low as 1 1/2 turns on the LSN, stay with the base of 1 3/4 out and lean or richen in very small adjustments to idle good, you'll know if your too lean if the engine wants to idle up when adjusting the LSN or dies quickly.

Try to get a 2 sec pinch, where it still idles and starts good, you may have to bring the idle speed up just a touch. First get it to idle good for atleast 10 seconds and remember to do a high speed run inbetween adjustments to keep the engine cleared of excess fuel to get and acurate setting on your LS needle