R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Body Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 AM
BullFrog
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Scale bodies look good but don't handle most of the time. I've been racing longer than most.Back in the dark ages when there was only 1/12 or 1/8. Many bodies were made for the 1/12th cars but the only body you ever saw was the associated TOJ. Yes there were many different bodies to choose from but you always went back to the TOJ. When GTP came out there was Andys-Bolink-Associated-Parma all making GTP's.The 962 and Mercedes was popular. When I started pushing the narrow pan cars (Now World GT) we had the Porsche GT1 now called the Musselem because of those peskey manufactures that want there money too. It ran great but to get people interested in WGT they went to GT.Look at the growing interest in USVTA with Vintage TA bodies and the other soon new class called USTA with current GT bodies.A good handling GT body will sell as I had two to three manfactures say that there will be more bodies out in 2012. The economy is bad and like any hobby investing in a new unproven body can be expensive. PTI if you want to talk just send me an e-mail.

* I can tell you I just received an E-mail about a Narrow (200mm) 962 in the works. Can not tell you any more sorry.

Last edited by BullFrog; 06-28-2012 at 11:57 AM.