R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXXT MF2 Diff problem
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Rysuleod
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by hobbipro
Have you tried spinning the inner "shoe" to see if its bent? Try to put it on the shaft and turing the shaft to see if it wobbles. If its good and you have your slipper pads lined up, maybe the gear itself is warped a little.
Yea, it's possible the spur is warped, but it's hard to tell by eyeballing it. It seems like everything rotates well until I add the goofy spacer and spring.

I did have to replace the original spacer as I accidentally broke it by overtightening (I got a little carried away with my slipper tightening hehe). The replacement spacer part is for the Losi Hydra drive and looks identical to the original in size and shape.

When I eyeball the replacement spacer I don't see that the size contacting the slipper shoe is perfectly flat. Spinning the assembly makes the replacement spacer look out of round (wobbles) as it spins. I bought another spacer to see if I got a bad one but they appear the same.

Maybe I am being just too crazy with this wobble thing. It bugs me and I want the car to perform well.

To answer the above question I missed. It is a small wobble about 1/4th the width of the spur gear.

Thanks for the advice guys.