R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Byron Fuels World Challenge
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Made it back to Dallas safely yesterday. Took 13 hours to get back home from Joliet. The road got long a few times and Five-O was everywhere along the route back.

I had a blast at my first ever Byron's Challenge race. Got my butt handed to me on 200mm TC (like I thought) but it was a learning experience. Third place in the C-main wasn't too bad depending that I have not race 200mm TC in over 2 years (yea, great time to come out of TC retirement). The TC crowd is way faster than they were when I last ran mine. I will have to work on stepping up my game to hopefully be more competitive in the future.

Not too bad of a showing I had in GT. Need to tighten up my game more there to qualify for the A-main next time instead of bumping up to it. The GT competition was pretty stiff and you had to earn your spot because nobody was giving you anything.

I would like to thank Ron/Byron's for sponsoring a great race as well as Scott for providing an excellent facility to host the race. A special thanks to Mike Lyday, Mike Nelson, and Mark B for all their hospitality and made all of us feel like we were at home racing.

It was nice to see some familiar faces (some in which I haven't seen in a while) and put some faces to some names. Nice meeting you Solara and having some good conversation later in the weekend. It was great meeting Gonzo, Jose, and several others I bumped into over the race weekend. But, I have to give a special thanks/shout out to my Memphis brother Sid Rhodes. He sacrificed a lot of his free time to be my pit man for most of my GT runs and was great in pitting me in my mains. Without him, I would not have finished as well as I did in GT.

Last edited by JLock; 06-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.