R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi Paul,

You have probably had a chance to run most tires out there for mod TC, both on asphalt and/or carpet as well. So if you were to say what tire you liked best, maybe for decent life and still performed well after more than one run, etc., what would you pick? And I realize that different conditions and surfaces might change your answer, but if you "had" to choose one brand/type, your favorite for each surface.
(Remember to contact those manufacturers mentioned after you answer this, maybe there will be a little something extra in the mailbox for ya next week.)

Strapped a mod in my X-ray and ran for the first time this last weekend. Now I understand why you're always smiling.

Thanks for taking the time to help all of us out, it is truly appreciated,
Alex
Hi Alex. The best tire out their in my opinion is the Sorex, 32 or 36 for asphalt and 24 or 28 for carpet, That being said they are expensive and wear out faster, but to me sorex are the most consistent and fastest, I dont remember which Sweep tires it was but Jon Lee at sweep sent me some tires a while back that i thought could possibly rival the Sorex. If you are looking for long lasting and more affordable you could argue for any of the others. The Ride tire is good for wear, 32 for carpet and 36 for asphalt. in the end their is a lot of options but i strongly suggest that every club has a spec tire, otherwise it can get out of control really quick. the difference between a normal performing spec tire and the hand built tire,insert rim combo can be laps over 5 min.

No problem!

paul