R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Well I have mine set up similarly, with the esc in the back, behind the battery, rx, and esc switch(viper) on right side(11g), mylaps pt and glitch cap on left side(10g). running rm4, so motor off set to right, I am 14g higher on the right side.

That works out to less than a half turn difference side to side on the spring preload adjuster to set the tweak. I think it will do.

This car does need a diet though, with a full size lipo, it comes in at over 1700g!!! And that is with a 3.5g rx, the small pt, and low profile servo. Got to get shorty battery-119g less, then carbon chassis, -60g less, dont know where else can save weight, maybe a Tekin RS, its about 17g lighter than the Viper vtx10. Dont think there is much to save with the carbon towers, will let you all know when they get here, also have some ti turn buckles coming. Would like to get car under roar weight limit of 1500g.
whats the car weigh no electronics , im thinking everything in center would help it in the turns for body roll then i would have to reorginize for the front to back weight , but alot of people run the shorys close to the front so the 73g esc then shorty behind it would be pretty close to that and the reciever is the lightest so throw that in back to take a little off the rear , the esc i have wont fit under the brace with the fan on it but i gotta temp it to see if ill even need the fan then i can move it around a bit more to see how i like it ,, i might even put down velcro on the while thing just to move things easier and test