R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 08:56 AM
John Doucakis
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
I thought the details were posted a page or so back on the Refined Kit.

John, your 414 looks bad ass!! I also agree with you on the weight issue. Rechargable 9v batteries are also lighter than alki's... You did a good job on that car! Let us know how it handles!

I have the front belt stab. on the way too. So it would be interesting on how it works with the White Belts.
Just came back from testing with the L/W conversion set on my 414. I had already made a modification at the rear end in order to bring the tie rods to a normal length because they were too long.

So on the racetrack initially handling was not to my taste. The car was stable but there wasn't enouph steering. I experimented with different tyre combinations in order to make sure that it was the set up and the result was the same with small variations in behavior.

I changed from yellow to white Tamiya springs in all four corners and I put the front shock on the outer hole of the new susp. arm at the side with the three holes.

The car became almost perfect! It was too stiff for that track because the surface is very bumpy but response, turn in and directional accuracy where very good.

I really enjoyed it. Didn't brake anything although I had some spins but I did not have any major crashes.

Tomorroy if I manage to race I will have more feedback.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trf 414wcr +lwrearmodification.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	48129