R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10th pan car
Thread: 1/10th pan car
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 12:19 AM
MarkA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by burbs
im not sure what type to make wide or narrow.. right now im looking for input as to what would be most wanted... any ideas you guys have post them or somthing u would like to see on it... its a blank sheet right now.. i just figured since im doing oval cars now... i may as well do this to....
I think there'd be more demand for certain individual parts (I'm assuming you can make stuff out of high-grade carbon fiber) than for a whole car or a conversion kit. I think if you made the right parts for a wide car, you could see a real, but albeit limited, opportunity in our niche market.

Of the top of my head, while I think some people would be interested in a one-stop/one-bag conversion to make the L2 into a tri-shock car (what I/we call the L2.5), that can presently be done using all AE parts for @$50 total and you'd be hard-pressed to compete with AE as a "little guy". At the same time, Hyperdrive makes a tri-shock roadcourse car that never really took off because it simply costs too much. It's roughly $75 more than a new L2 kit and the parts to make a L2.5. I think the new car market for roadcourse cars is just going to be hard to penetrate on price point and our market is not like the Oval car market where those racers will pay $150+ for a chassis kit from a company like KGB.

Right of the top of my head though, I can think of about five guys I pit with every week at SoCal that would order a graphite lower pod plate for the L2 to replace the heavy, bendable aluminum one the car comes with (It’s AE part# 8204 if you want to look up what I’m talking about). We get asked about spring-steel T-bars that use the L2’s tweak screws every so often also – anyone think of anything else?