R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USVTA Woes
Thread: USVTA Woes
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 AM
RCknight
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I personally wanted to run a Tekin RS. I bought one and was told I could not use it. I had raced once a month for fun. Don't figure.

Keeping VTA with a fix gear ratio would really help keep expirenced racers out of the class. Personally I really think RC needs a noob friendly casual class. I really thought VTA was going to fit the bill and save the future of onroad.

As far as tech issues, I have to giggle. Just tech the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from the last race. Again people make things way too complicated and at the club level VTA should be relaxed and fun. I really thought VTA was going to be where new/casual drivers could learn and compete together. Instead you have the vet drivers complaining you don't move the hell out of their way, and etc. This is all my personal opinion and observation though.

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
a. before I used the LRP SXX v2 in 17.5 TC, I was using my GTB2 and Havok Pro. And was still top 3 anyday. And I race with "A" main racers every weekend that take TC very serious, while I dont. I got a deal on the LRP and started running it in TC. I put my GTB2 in my VTA car and the Havok Pro is in my VTA backup car. With blinky stock racing, all the legal US VTA esc's are up to par with any other form of racing except boost. As a matter of fact the GTB2 is great for mod even. Also the USVTA list is tops...like I said before. Every ROAR VTA race Ive been to and some I havent, the legal US VTA car/driver wins...even top 5. And thats against Tekins,LRP's Black Dimonds and all the other blinky's....no magic or Dragon blood in the ESC's wires...lol

b. an open fdr is a life savior for techs...next you can gear to the moon and take that chance if you like, me Ill run right by you at the 6 min mark cause your car is so hot that its slowing down cause of the heat. Ive seen guys run 3.3-3.5 on a track Im at 3.7-4.0...and the results are the same...they come off at 180 degs, Im at 90 degs.. Im making my victory lap. People are going to try whats legal to get a win...some are willing to go to the extreme, some are happy just to be able to get out the house and race. You make your own poison...I like to win, but will not give up my fun for it. Or extra money. BTW, what you spend $145 on?

Well I dont about anybody you race with, but I do the Hobby for fun Period. Racing is fine , but if I aint having fun, work or home is on the menu. I hear more laughter in USVTA than anything. If your locals are not having fun, let me know and Ill make a visit, BTW, where do you race?

+1

I said I wasnt going to add to this thread anymore(500 mile road trip...lol)..but today is Fathers Day and Im sitting here hooking up and testing ESC's for the purpose of this wonderful class.

Ill open up and say that if you truly have an idea or concern, please pm me or call...and it will get looked at, that doesnt mean it will be in your favor, but it will be looked at serious

Thanks and lets get back to racing and the US VTA thread