R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If your new and want to say hi, post it here
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
turbo2cam
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hello people!

New (again) as well...raced RC's for 4-5 years as a teenager and stopped when Dad quit funding my hobbies lol

Now that I'm the Dad (20+ years later) I am making a return to the hobby, funding my 8 year old son's racing lolol

We aquired our first 2 RC's from a trade on Craigslist in february...and it was downhill from there! We hooked up with our local "Dirt Burners" club and got hooked on racing, my son racing the Novice class (Sportsman at the indoor track we also race at) and Pro2 for myself.

My son has been doing very well so far! Picking up two 1st place finishes, one 2nd place finish, and one 3rd, one 4th...in the 5 race outdoor series. Eventually taking the overall WIN in the series! We also race a Tuesday night club series at the local indoor track...the competition is a little more fierce (older kids he's racing against) and he's done very well there too. several podium finishes and a 3rd place finish overall in the 6 race series!

This dad couln't be more proud haha

Anyways, I came here looking for tips/tricks/info/advice, and looks like i've come to the right place!