R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
FNG RIDER
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TwoWheel
@liljohn--that's a very helpful list that people running the FGX will find quite useful.

I have been researching what I would need to run an FGX reliably--aside from not crashing--I have independently come to more or less the same conclusion that unless you want to build this thing two or three times over, you will MINIMALLY want the following:

-Chassis conversion (Exotek addresses the issue of breaking off the front nose as well since the carbon upper/addition runs all the way to the tip, and also addresses servo clearance issues)
-Exotek Upper Adjustable Arms (keep stock parts as spares)
-Exotek Lower Reinforcements (if you break the lowers with this, you probably have more damage anyway)
-3 Racing Rear Bulkhead (stock motor mount with Exotek chassis--already gives you more clearance)
-3 Racing Diff Bearing Carriers

I left out all the tuning bits (springs, camber plates) just to get an idea of pricing for people that would be cross-shopping these with other kits with conversions.
Ive just updated with the exotek front upper and lowers, rear delrin arms.
and diff. wit ceramic balls. no need yet for bulkhead. but I'm sure the Exotek chassis will come later. it has plenty of speed, just working on driveability and durability. exotek mods make it much simpler to work on.
The engineer who designed the OG car must really be a complicated nerd. My motto is KISS (keep it simple stupid)