R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone talk about drifting on here?????
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM
bdbachus
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mackiv
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....
im not at all trying to be rude here, in fact im rather new and i'd like to hear all the advice you have to give about the hobby as a whole, but how are you guys not making the distinction between drifting and drift RACING....?!?!?

samnelso, JamesL_71, u really gotta understand the difference between racing, drifting, and drift racing...when yur drift racing YES the object is to go the fastest!! but additionally you must go the fastest while overcoming little to no traction on a specifically windy course(your not going to see any drift races on an oval track...). When you put plastic wheels on your car and your driving on a friction-less track, turning a corner becomes more than turning a corner...and looking pretty has nothing to do with it....

im sure you guys could beat me hands down in an onroad tourcar race and sum foam wheels on a diet rootbeer soaked(norcal hobbies reference) track, but go ahead and throw sum plastic compound drifters on while riding a slick concrete garage course and see how long it takes you to cross the finish line. It's not as easy as it looks.

thanx for readin, and again, i didn't mean to offend anyone, even if i called you out. I juss feel like if everyone is gonna give their opinions on the matter they should at least be informed on the matter.
Give samnelso 10 minutes and he be beating you in drifting too. Lol. Pretty actually has everything to do with it, pretty = smooth = fast.