R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Super Nitro RS4 Rally
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:30 AM
csb510
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
The T3.0 is the same motor case as the G3.0, it does not have molded in mounts. My G3.0 came with purple aluminum motor mounts. The difference between the two motors is the power delivery, I read the G is for off road and the T is for onroad, and the crankshaft. The G3.0 has a longer shaft where as the T has a much shorter shaft. I am having trouble fitting the G in my SNR. The pullstart interferes with the rear shock tower support. I'm not sure if the T would work any better. I am using the flywheel, clutch and clutchbell from a Firestorm.
Just to retouch on the issues you are having with your G3.0 engine... I just skimmed through both manuals for the T3.0 and G3.0 and found that the T3.0 does in fact have mounts molded into the engine case. Also the pull start assembly for the T3.0 (#15126) is slimmer (in depth) than the G3.0 (#1428) by about 5.8mm. This may be the solution to your problem. See attachment.

As soon as I blow this 15FE engine up on my SNR I will upgrade to a T3.0. In the meanwhile, I'm anxiously waiting for my new wheels/tires and aluminum upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	T3.0 vs G3.0.jpg
Views:	6187
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	934473