R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 07:46 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
On power the one-way is different to a solid, in that it allows one wheel to rotate faster than the other. The slowest wheel is always driven and the faster one freewheels.
Correct. I agree with you there. But like I initially said, it happens only in the beginning. Once the inside wheel slips on continuous power from the drivetrain, both inside and outside will lock and will have a tendency to continue to spin at the same rate.

Originally posted by markp27
unless it loses grip, at which point it momenterally rotates faster than the outside wheel and at this point the outside wheel would be powered - until the inside wheel once again rotates at a slower speed.
Correct. But I think that happens only on an ideal situations where you do not get any slipping in the inside wheel which is impossible because the outside wheel gets more pressure than inside wheel due to the turning.

Once outside wheel is powered, both inside and outside wheels will be driven at the same time and the inner wheel will continue to slip controllably following the same outside wheel spin rate.