R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 13.5 at the IIC is unboosted *sadface*
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
vitomon
Tech Adept

i have raced many blinky and mod races in the past. i now enjoy mod because at least motor wise and power wise it is more fair. i rather drive in the d main in mod knowing that my skills dont allow for more than drive in the d main in blinky and always have in mind that the guys in front of me might be "cheating".

even in the 13.5 blinky, and with pool-motors there is still the problem of motors not being equal even if not modified by drivers etc. there are unfortunately huge differences in motors fresh out of the pack.

only way to have fair races would be pool motors which are checked before by tech so the produce the same rpms and watts and are then sealed and have to be returned and build in in front of a tech guy.

next up is batteries. in blinky the batterie makes a huge difference. therefore also pool batteries. every body has to draw a batterie out of the pool. if you destroy or damage the batterie you drew (overcharge etc) it might hurt you because next race you could very well draw that same batterie.

for small races this could be managed. but i iguess for big races like the IIC or ETS series or snowbirds this would require huge logistics for the organizers. i could be done but i think its very hard.

that would give a level playing field afterall in my opinion. in the meantime i enjoy giving mod a chance and just battle with the guys in the back

my 2 cents

cheers