R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I prepped the chassis with the recommended blue locktite seal, and took the edge off the tape groves. (Probably my only peeve about this chassis not using the stock tape holders.) This to me makes more sense to use the stock pieces especially if running on asphalt so no tape is exposed to the pavement.
I ran without the battery braces all day yesterday on a bumpy parking lot track.... did not lose the battery once (looped tape under chassis)!

I also ran my servo with just the inner mount and servo tape..... a few decent hits, and I did not need to reset the steering at all.

Removing the 2 battery braces and the servo tray shaved about 12g from the car..... SO if you are weight-obsessive this is something to think about.

I haven't tested a v2 diff out myself, but I know exactly what you mean regarding the notchy feel of the v1. I've tried about every oil from 400 to 2000, and I always barely noticed it.....

Johnny... have you tested the 1.75 upper deck on asphalt? I'm still running the stock 2.5 from the original kit, except cut up. I also ran the "setscrew" mod along with only 2 front screws and 4 rear (with countersunk washers). It felt consistent, but if I could run the 1.75 with ALL screws while getting the same performance it would help resist any chance of tweak I'd imagine.