R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST
Old 06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Scotty Ernst
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great start to the summer and getting out and having some fun. We have received many emails about the IIC and I wanted to give a few answers in case others had the same questions.

Entries will go live online on July 9th 8pm EST, Basically 1 month from now. on www.intchamps.com

Always the big question. Who is going to TQ the entries?

All Stock and Super Stock classes are "No Boost" Classes. This included Xpert WGT.

JMAN591: Cool you are thinking about joining us. As the guys had posted. Vegas is what you make of it. You can party like a rock star or keep it on the down low and cheap and enjoy some of the free things Vegas has to offer. There are many guys and families that come to the IIC on a strict budget and dont spend a dime in the slots or on the tables and they have a blast. One of my favorite things to do in Vegas is go walking around to all the cool hotels. So much awesome stuff to see all for free. So a budget is do able, it is up to you.
WYVERN and BIGWHITE also got it about the food. Any level of cost is available. Can even get PB&J and live on that for the week. Or you can eat so much at the Drivers Meeting Buffet Dinner on Monday night of the IIC that you dont have to eat for the next couple of days.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BUFFET! YEAHHHH. VEGAS BABY.

RCSPEED: Glad you are planning on joining us at the IIC. I think most of your questions I covered in your email and BIGWHITE also got it, Thanks BIG!

Not sure if I hit this in the email, but for tech inspection we will check.
Battery Voltage 8.44
Blinky Mode
Ride Height
Weight
and for Sedan. Wing can be no taller than the roof.

Those are the only things we check in tech inspection going out for your runs
We will do checks on Blinky and motors in Post inspection.

We received some questions about the motor limit in 1/12 Super Stock. After talking to my team and Kraig going back and doing some research on lap times. We will keep with the current plan of SS 1/12th using 13.5 motors. This will give us the most balanced separation in classes from 17.5, 13.5 and Mod.

I want to give a tip of the hat to those guys who messaged me about this subject. They did it in a very professional and positive way. You guys know who you are and I appreciate your professionalism. They did not complain or gripe. just gave their thoughts and ideas and that is the way to do it. Thanks.

As a promoter, I always want to find a way to make the IIC better. I for sure dont know what is always best, but we have a great family of racers who support the IIC, some of you from the start! And your positive input and suggestions help us continue to make the IIC the best we can.

Onroad is for sure on the climb again and we are excited to get back to Vegas for the IIC and have a great time doing what we all love so much.

As always if you have any questions, please drop me an email and I will be happy to answer.

On the TONE!
Scotty
[email protected]

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 06-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.