R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by IB-Steve
I dont think a standard servo setup is ever going to work and it has nothing to do with the torque rating of the servo. The standard servo's gears are just not physically big enough to handle the abuse of a 40lb truck. When you land say on one tire in a botched landing you are putting the whole weight of the truck plus the inertia on that little tiny gear in the standard servo. Not matter how strong the servo is even if its 1000oz inch's you are putting way more pressure then that on the gears when the servo saver reaches its limit and your smacking it with 40lbs of 5ive something is gonna give and so far its the gears that are the weak link. Steve already tried this with very very good quality servo's and it didnt last but 1 tank and $250 worth of servo's were ruined. I watched the new setup with the 5765's go tank after tank and turn on a dime plus the 5765's are only $80 each so you could keep a few spares and spend less then a 7955th setup.

QUOTE]
Dual, triple, even quad servos are used in large scale planes. Before you say they're just floating around in fluffy soft clouds.......keep in mind how much force we're talking about here in giant scale planes with huge control surfaces.

At first i though a bunch of 7955 servos would snap a balsa and ply control surface like a twig. I was wrong.