R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Speyederjedi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi guys, has being already a week since we ship out the 747 . The first batch is gone, but more kits are coming soon.

A partial shipment of parts have arrived as well, and more are on the way early next week.

I will by available for tech information here, Please don't pm me because i always forgot to go check my pm's

I have uploaded a few setups on serpent.com: http://serpent.com/product/804005/setups/

The latest one is the LA, from the Ko Propo race. this one is so far the best one, in my opinion.

The reason is that, from the pre-production car i started testing and leaning in February, we have made a lot of changes for the final production car.
Most of the changes are in the front end, since we felt that the fist version had way to much flex.

Anyway, i am kind of re-learning the car every time i am running since the handling is completely different.

The quality and build of the car is supreme. I am really happy with the quality.

As a first tip, i was reading about diff building. I personally don't modify the case, i make sure to not over fill the diff. In order to do that you can either fill it "by eye" until you almost cover the diff pin, or by weight (i use this method) and i put 1.2 grams of oil. Remember that you need to leave room for the gear that is the cover, so if you fill the diff completely, that is all compress, and you have leaking, and other sort of problems.
In my opinion using a digital scale is more accurate and you can really feel the difference in the diff when you change oil. I find a compact one for $ 8 on amazon

If you use either one of this method, you will have no problem and you can tight your screws without any damage

Hope this helps and enjoy your 747

Paolo

Daniel