R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC4 picture (+cliff lett)
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NIGHTBREED: Im curious about your campaign for bigger bearings. Just what are you doing to your TC3 bearings to need to replace tham as much as you say you do? I have NEVER had to replace a TC3 Teflon bearing due to premature wear. I HAVE however had to replace the rubber sealed bearings of the same size. The only time i have had to replace the teflon type is from racing in very dusty conditions when they are in my B4. But generally speaking, a clean, repolish, and relube is all they need to be almost as good as new. Maintenance is key. Now, there are alot of things that can be done that will accelerate the wear of a bearing. Hitting the boards alot has a "slight" tendency to tear bearings up, of any size. Not properly shimming them can also bind and accelerate wear in any sized bearing. Then of course, lack of maintenance. I have yet to hear of ANYONE complaining about bearing size, but you. Is this something you do alot of? Size doesnt really matter, its what you do with it. If you lube it, then it will last longer.

The point is this, coming on here and flaming AE for something that can be avoided by the consumer, is a waste of time. Im just responding because im a bored, natural born smarta$$. Everything built by man will wear/breakdown and need maintenance/replacement. Its just the way it is.

Just drive it...

- DaveW