R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I have both.

The DEX210 is an amazing car. The innovation and features built into the Team Durango cars are far better than the basic no thrills found in the 22 and B4.1.

As far as setup, you can still do the same things with the B4.1, but the 210 allows you to do those setup changes quicker and easier, and you have way more chassis tuning options out of the box.

-The B4.1 is lighter by ~120g.
-Most hobby shops don't carry TD parts, but parts availability is a lot better now that Great Planes is Durango's USA distributor.
-Both cars I needed to change the ball cups out completely.
-The 210 has very minimal slop out of the box, and has kept that same amount for me after a lot of track time. The B4.1 has a ton of slop out of the box (for me it did), especially in the WC rear hubs. I've shimmed every hinge pin and still have too much.

I'm faster now with the B4.1, but I feel that's mainly down to the tire choices I was making with the 210, and not having enough practice and time in building a setup for the 210.

For me, both cars drive completely different. The 210 is a very planted car out of the box, and is easily competitive with the box setup. The B4.1 is very easy to drive, but it's not as forgiving as the 210 when you mess up. For me, the 210 got faster the harder you pushed. The B4.1 I've found likes to be in a certain range, and if you push out of that range it's harder to recover.

My two cents. Everything is based on personal experience driving more than one of each car.
+1 for everything you said, and will raise you that it is also better (for me) then an RB5 SP2 w/big bores.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 05-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.